For me, the hardest part of day is dinner and bed time. I don’t love cooking but of course always want to make sure my boys have nutritious meals on the table. By the time I have done the school pick up, refereed a couple of those “end of the day irritable and tired” arguments and unpacked the school bags the last thing I want to do is cook. Whatever I am going to make for dinner needs to be simple, easy to prepare and less likely to be thrown onto the floor.
From what I hear through my Facebook group is that I am not alone in feeling like this so I have sought the help of a nutritionist to bring you some meals that are:
Simple – not too many ingredients
Easy – don’t take too long to whip together
Delicious – A little bit of flavour but not too much for those young palates.
Nutritious – You can be confident they are getting a healthy meal
An extra bonus is that they can also be made for the whole family!
These Thai style chicken bites are the first in a series of recipes that have been tried and tested by my 3 boys and have got the tick of approval from each of them.
Thai Style Chicken Bites
- 500 grams Chicken Mince
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp Mild Red Curry Paste
- 2 Tbsp Fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Shallots (spring onions), finely sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken mince, tamari, fish sauce, mild red curry paste, coriander and shallots. Using your hands mix until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a large non-stick fry pan. Add the meatballs to the pan (do not overcrowd the pan) and cook, turning them as you go so all sides are evenly browned and meatballs are cooked through. You may need cook the meatballs in two batches depending on how big your pan is.
- Serve immediately with your choice of a side salad, rice or lightly steamed vegetables
Make sure you come back and let us know what your kids thought of these Thai Style Chicken Bites in the comments below!
PS. If you like this recipe then check out: Golden Chicken Nuggets With No Nasties Tomato Sauce