A simple, healthy and clean recipe for hot cross bun muffins. This recipe is free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar.” width=”736″ height=”2061″ />
A simple, healthy and clean recipe for hot cross bun muffins by nutritionist, naturopath and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish
Note: This recipe is free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar.
If you like this recipe then check out: No Bake Dark Choc Cherry Cheesecake
Healthy Easter Hot Cross Bun Muffins
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 35 hours
2 large free range eggs
1 cup (250ml) coconut milk (BPA free, canned)
1/2 cup (125ml) freshly squeezed orange juice (approx 1 large sweet orange)
Zest of 1 large orange
2 cups (200g) almond meal
1 tsp (3g) gluten free baking powder
1 tsp (1g) organic vanilla bean powder
1 tsp (2g) cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 cup (100g) medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1 Tbsp (20ml) coconut milk
1 Tbsp (20g) coconut flour
2 Tbsp (40ml) water
Snap-lock bag/ piping bag
1. Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
2. In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs with coconut milk, orange zest and juice.
3. Add almond meal, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg and cloves and mix to combine.
4. Stir through chopped dates.
5. Spoon batter into patty/muffins cases.
6. To make crosses – in a small mixing bowl combine coconut milk, coconut flour and water to make a white paste. Spoon into a snap lock bag or piping bag. Cut a small corner to make a piping whole and squeeze mixture on top of muffins in a cross design.
7. Bake in oven for 35-40 mins or until cooked through. Allow to cool.
Want to print this? There is a Printable version in the Free Resource Library.
This recipe was designed by Brisbane nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish. For more healthy, recipes please visit her website Live Love Nourish or follow Live Love Nourish on Instagram and Facebook
Do you have an amazing healthy Easter recipe like these Hot Cross Bun Muffins? Comment below!